This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
This adorable DIY Bat Costume is sure to be one of your ALL TIME FAVORITES for your child. So many items are things you already have in your closet which makes this an even better choice!
This DIY bat costume is perfect for parents who enjoy a little DIY but also don’t want to be too stressed from sewing, gluing, stitching and so on. All you need to do is grab a couple basics from your closet (or buy them now to use until they’re outgrown), purchase comfy bat wings and grab your favorite batty hair accessories!
Everything you need to recreate this DIY bat costume for your toddler is below. From the shoes to the hair clips, I’ve linked everything we used to celebrate Halloween in a super batty way. One thing I did leave out is the eyeliner to make black dots on her face and black nail polish. Any will do here but what I used is linked below
COMPLETE YOUR COSTUME
Bat Costume for Toddlers
I’m sure it’s on everyone’s mind… HOW UNCOMFORTABLE IS THE NECK STRAP ON THOSE WINGS!! This was my exact worry because my girl Penny (shown above in the photo) is not going to be uncomfortable no matter what the situation. I was really nervous she would hate the neck part of the bat wings but she said it was really comfortable. Thank goodness right? I do think that was because she kept her wings on her arms so the outfit wasn’t pulling on her neck. If she wanted her arms free she would have hated the wings.
I suggest grabbing these early in the season, letting your toddler play in them for a while and then deciding whether or not to keep. I did want to share our experience though since it was such a factor for us.
DIY Bat Costume
Here is everything you need for the most adorable DIY Bat Costume for Halloween for your toddler. This can 100% work for little boys too! Just swap out the hair accessories for some vampire fang teeth, switch the gender on the shoes & clothes are you’re ready to go!
- Wings – OBSESSED WITH THESE! So cute and my picky 3 year old loves the way they fit. A bat costume must have in my opinion.
- Hair Clips – There are so many options here but honestly, why look further than something as perfect as these bat clips! Put your girls hair up in two space buns, clip the bat accessories in and she’s ready to go! These are fun because they can be used throughout the fall season.
- Black Boots – These boots are going to be a staple in my toddler daughters fall wardrobe. I seriously love these boots and how cute she looks in them! My older daughter is getting this similar pair, just in big girl size 🙂
- Black Shirt & Black Leggings – I love that these two pieces can be used in this costume because they have so many other uses as well. I’m all about purchasing clothing that can be worn for multiple occasions.
- Pumpkin – We are throwing in a colorful tick or treating pumpkin since this bat costume is so dark. Such a perfect way to add some color and make it girly for those girls who always need some pink in their outfit!
This post was all about creating an amazing DIY Bat Costume.
Check out these other great posts about Halloween before you go!