This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
SHARING MY WEEK 1 RESULTS FROM OPTAVIA
WHAT IS OPTAVIA?
Optavia is a weight loss program that allows you to eat every 2-3 hours for a total of 6 times per day (more if you’re awake for longer hours) with zero exercise required. The flagship program is their 5&1 plan which asks you to eat 5 of their pre-packaged meals per day along with 1 lean and green meal.
WHO IS OPTAVIA FOR?
Literally, anyone. This program boasts results for individuals with 100+ lbs to lose and for those who just need to shed the extra 15 lbs.
IS OPTAVIA WORTH IT?
I am only on week 2 of Optavia but so far my answer is YES. Complete transparency – I laughed at the price before I started. I finally got to my breaking point though because I tried to lose the weight from my 4th pregnancy on my own and my tried and true methods just weren’t working anymore. If you’re serious about your weight loss goals, the results completely justify the investment.
WEEK 1 EXPERIENCE
I decided to go with Optavia because I wanted to lose the last 5-10lbs that I put on from my 4th pregnancy. I lost most of the weight naturally but I hit a plateau and needed a new option. Below were my goals for the program.
- GOAL 1 – Lose 10lbs
- GOAL 2 – Kick unhealthy habits (Soda, Alcohol, High Sugar & Processed Snacks)
- GOAL 3 – Transition off the program and maintain a healthy, lower weight range
It is really important to weigh yourself and take your measurements at the start of the program. Take it from me – I didn’t take my body measurements and I thoroughly regret it. Measurement changes help you stay motivated on weeks when the scale doesn’t budge. So, learn from my mistake, take your measurements.
Weight at Start: 124.4lbs
OPTAVIA WEEK 1 RESULTS
I’m sure you’re here for the scale number but I really think its important to point out changes that can’t be mathematically measured. After being on plan for 1 week my energy is up, my skin is clearer and I just feel happier because I know I’m working for me. I’m never hungry on the plan because I’m constantly eating and the food is becoming more and more tasty to me!
Week 1 Weight: 121.6lbs
Weight Loss: 2.8 lbs
% of Weight Loss Goal Achieved: 28%
- RATE YOUR FUELINGS -When you start, you will have a ton of choices when it comes to fuelings. My suggestion is to try one of everything and document if you like it or not. You can literally take a sharpie and give the fueling a score out of 10 right on the box. I think this is important if you are a planner and know you’ll do better at certain times of the day if you eat things you like more.
- BUY A NEW WATER BOTTLE – This one is a must in my opinion. Amazon has these great water bottles to help you track your daily water intake so you can keep yourself accountable. I use mine daily and will continue using it after I finish with the program.
- PLAN OUT YOUR LEAN & GREEN MEALS, CONDIMENTS & SNACKS – This is simple for me. If you’re a creature of habit it’s a great idea to meal prep your lean and greens for the next 4-5 days in advance. This way there is no confusion.
WEEK 1 CONCLUSION
Being that I am relatively healthy and I still lost almost 3lbs from eating 6 times a day, I’d say Optavia works. Those 3lbs are not water weight because I was already eating healthy before starting. Also, I didn’t have one last go-out-with-a-bang day before starting. I just dove right in as soon as my package arrived. Also, I want to note I had 4 alcoholic beverages during my 1st week. I can’t wait to share Week 2 results with you!