This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
These Halloween sugar cookies are the perfect Halloween party dessert!
Sugar cookies are such a fun and simple way to celebrate events with your kids! Today I’m sharing my recipe for Monster Sugar Cookies to celebrate Halloween! These Halloween cookies are perfect for a decorating party, a Halloween party or just a fun day with your family.
- Oven – Classic necessity but I thought I’d like anyways 😉
- Rolling Pin – I have two but tend to gravitate towards THIS one when baking. Rub it with flour before rolling out your dough to prevent it from sticking.
- Shape Cutters – I received THIS one as a gift and we use it ALL THE TIME. I love that I always have go-to’s for just about any event.
- Baking Sheet – The options are endless here. THESE gold ones are making me fall in love.
- Mixer – You can use a hand mixer if you prefer but I will always swear by my Kitchen Aid mixer. THIS is the one I have. It has been in our family for 10 years and it’s still going strong.
- Measuring Tools – Love THESE for small measurements and THIS measuring cup.
- Cooling Rack – These come in handy all the time. Definitely worth investing in one like THIS for your kitchen.
- Tool for Spreading Icing – I just used a spatula and a baby spoon for my cookies. If you plan on buying tools to help you decorate better, I would suggest purchasing an entire pack like THIS one. It comes in handy a ton and honestly, you’ll be more inclined to try new desert recipes with this tucked away in your pantry.
LETS GET RIGHT TO IT!
Halloween Sugar Cookies with Pumpkin Spice Flavored Buttercream Frosting
- 1 CUP Unsalted Butter, room temp
- 1 CUP Granulated Sugar
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 3 CUPS All Purpose Flour
- 1 TBSP Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1/2 CUP Unsalted Butter, room temp
- 2 1/2 CUPS Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 TBSP Pumpkin Spice Creamer
- OPTIONAL Halloween Sprinkles
- OPTIONAL Edible Eye Sprinkles
- OPTIONAL Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl (flour, baking powder and salt). Set aside.
- Mix butter and sugar in mixer until fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla extract and continue mixing.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture until fully incorporated.
- Using half of the dough at a time, roll the dough onto a floured surface and use cookie cutters to create desired shapes.
- Bake cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10 minutes. The edges should just be starting to brown.
- Let cookies cool for 3-5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar and creamer for 5 minutes.
- If frosting is too thick, add in creamer (or milk) 1/2 tsp at a time until desired consistency is reached. If frosting is too runny, add in additional powdered sugar.
- Add food coloring 3 drops at a time until and mix.
- Decorate as desired